Transcalor is a high performance supplier of plate heat exchangers, with a highly trained team ready to specify, produce, and deliver the best products, with an emphasis on smart solutions for our clients’ processes, aiming for increasing productivity in association with Transcalor quality.
A wide range of processes require temperature control to operate fully. Transcalor meets this demand with the latest technology in heat exchange, and, to do so, we have built solid partnerships with one of the world’s leading producers of plates and gaskets, the Danish company Sondex, a specialist in this area for over thirty years, for whom Transcalor is the exclusive representative in Brazil.
Transcalor is also active with other solutions in the same segments in which we offer plate heat exchangers. Learn more about the divisions specialized in Chillers, Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers, and Thermoregulators (which are often used in concert with plate heat exchangers), making Transcalor a turnkey provider of thermal control for industrial processes.
Advantages of Plate Heat Exchangers
Plate heat exchangers offer several advantages:
• Increased efficiency
• High performance
• Reduced physical space
• Easy expansion
• Fast cleaning and maintenance
• Heating and cooling of processes with a single piece of equipment
• Special design for Clean-in-Place
• Energy savings
• Improved environmental sustainability
Built standard in 316L stainless steel, these exchangers can also be built with titanium heat exchange plates for highly corrosive fluids or when other materials are needed to support chemical and mechanical resistance.
Standard pressure classes for the structure and connections are: 6 bar, 10 bar, 16 bar and 25 bar. Ask Transcalor about other pressure classes.
Standard structures are made of certified and classified carbon steel and painted for correct durability. The structure can also be manufactured as required in 100% 304 or 316 stainless steel for projects involving food, chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
The capacities of the Transcalor portfolio range widely, beginning with water flows of 0.05m³/h up to 8,000m³/h, with nozzles (connections) ranging from 5/8" threaded BSP to flanged connections of 650mm (26").
The design of the area around the plate nozzle encourages perfect distribution of fluid over the heat exchange surface. This area is increased with channels that reduce “dead zones,” which would be susceptible to forming deposits. The area around the plate nozzle and fluid distribution are highly resistant, even with minimal points of contact among plates.
The plates are designed with outlet zones to prevent cross-contamination of fluids, even under extreme conditions. These areas are produced according to 3A specifications.
The plates are designed to achieve high thermal efficiency by ensuring ideal fluid flow. The combination of angles in the fishbone corrugation increases heat transfer with low load loss, reducing physical space and facilitating cleaning and maintenance.
Gaskets are designed to provide high performance in diverse processes, which can require many different material types, which can be accommodated as needed in gasket manufacture.
Types of Gaskets:
Our products are ready for fabrication of systems for the following uses:
• External cooling (sub-zero)
• Final heating
• Heat recovery
• Multisections for pasteurization
• High variability
• High pressure
• High temperature
• Special fluids
FREE FLOW PLATES
Free Flow (wide gap) Plates are designed for liquids that include fibers or particulates that can clog flow channels. Transcalor Free Flow plates are designed without points of contact among plates in the heat exchange zone, providing high turbulence, high heat transfer coefficients, and especially long operating time with high yield.
Other advantages and applications:
• The design ensures resistant, stable plates;
• Can be used in the cellulose and sugar ethanol industries
• Can be used to cool mustard, tomato sauce, and other viscous products
• Easy Cleaning-in-Place (CIP)
• Plates and gaskets designed according to 3A health regulations
Semi-welded plates are manufactured in the shape of a cassette. The cassettes consist of two plates joined by a laser weld. The advantage of this system is that one of the fluids will be involved in a package of welded plates, while on the other side, in the set of traditional plates with gaskets, allowing the piece to be disassembled for easy cleaning. On the welded side, there are two specially manufactured seals to reinforce the seal between the two sets of plates. This minimizes the need for welds.
More advantages and applications:
• This type of heat exchanger is specially designed for applications in industrial refrigeration systems that use aggressive refrigerants such as ammonia
• The cassette is welded outside the gasket channel, practically eliminating the risk of corrosion
• The available heat exchange area is optimized by placing the weld outside of the gasket attachment channel
• The design provided with the cassettes assumes an increase in tension with increased work pressure
• Like traditional plate heat exchangers, the cassettes meet American 3A standards, and are appropriate for any sanitary application.
SONDER SAFE PLATES
The Sonder Safe system consists of two thin plates pressed together. There is no sealing element between the plates. If there is any leak in one of the plates, there will be a leak to the outside, indicating an anomaly and preventing cross-contamination of fluids.
• Pasteurization of milk and cream
• Water for food processing
• Water for medical applications
• Nuclear applications, for safety reasons
• Heating. Water for domestic use
• Motor cooling.
BRAZED PLATE HEAT EXCHANGERS
High pressure and temperature
Unlike a traditional plate head exchanger, a brazed plate heat exchanger does not have gaskets and can be operated continuously as temperatures up to 180ºC, as well as operating pressure up to 30 bar.
Typical applications include:
• Evaporators and condensers of refrigeration systems
• Heating systems
• Solar heating and air conditioning systems
• Hydraulic and oil combustion units.
WELDED PLATE-SHELL HEAT EXCHANGERS
Design and application of the heat exchanger:
This heat exchanger functions like a normal tubular heat exchanger, but it is more efficient due to the use of plates instead of tubes. The plates are laser welded together, and the set of plates is installed within a cylindrical shell. Allowable pressure class: 16 to 25 bar. Maximum operating temperature: 250º C. The heat exchanger is produced either completely welded or with flanges, when a traditional plate heat exchanger does not meet the temperature specifications of a process, the plate-shell will be the best option.